The week is over and we ended up doing a kind of fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants meal planning because we were sick over the weekend when we would have normally got organized. This week I had a mental list of meals that we already had most of the ingredients for and although mental lists don't usually work for me, this week it was fine. Here's what we had.
1. Leftover pasta (boring but we had tons leftover from the weekend) & salad
2. Chili (since we were sick last Friday we didn't end up having this so I still had the ingredients)
3. Bowl with Goddess dressing (I had leftover beets, we always have carrots, kale from the freezer)
4. Arabian Lentil & Rice Soup from Appetite for Reduction, salad & homemade gluten-free baguette (this is one of my favourite soups ever)
5. Pizza using this crust recipe from The Minimalist Baker & salad
We were really slacking in the snack department but we did have:
2. Two types of chia mini muffins (chocolate chip peanut butter & lemon)
I think I will eventually share the chia mini muffin recipe because, although I got the basic idea from the Oh She Glows cookbook, I have made some modifications so that I can make them without any sugar. Also, it's a good base to make up any flavour muffins you feel like!
No photos, just a quick reminder for myself when I'm feeling stuck for meal ideas.