1. Chili with walnut meat and salad
2. Rice bowl with carrot, beets, kale, chia seeds and goddess dressing
3. Spring rolls with spicy peanut sauce *this isn't really a whole foods meal because the rice wraps have some random stuff in them but we decided to go with it for this week*
4. Not-Chicken Salad wrapped in collard greens from Raw & Simple
5. Meat & Cheese Pierogies from Raw & Simple
I plan on making a gluten free baguette before we have the chili for dinner and some chia pudding for dessert one night.
The snacks I made for this week (some with last into next week) are...
1. Freezer chocolate. I got the recipe from someone and it is just made of 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 cup cacao (or cocoa), maple syrup to taste and I added a bit of cinnamon.
Raw & Simple
3. Glow bars from Oh She Glows
Fresh at Home
Oh She Glows
Oh She Glows to add to salads
We also bought some organic popcorn to pop if we feel like some. Oh, and of course fruit and veggies for snacking as well.
We haven't been planning breakfasts or lunches and that's working just fine for us. Ivan always takes leftovers for lunch and Milo and I figure something out. The other day I made some red lentils with curry and coconut milk so those will last us a few lunches.
I can't believe I forgot to mention this yesterday...I finally say the new Star Wars movie on Tuesday. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was great! It definitely followed the same story line as A New Hope but I didn't think that was a bad thing. Anyways, I loved it and I'm really excited for the rest.
Last night we took Milo to a hockey game and he really enjoyed himself...until he fell asleep. He doesn't often nap anymore so he goes to bed really early. I tried to get him to nap yesterday but it wasn't happening so he fell asleep after the first period. The upside was that I was able to get the tangles out of his hair while he was sleeping. When I try to do it while he's awake he says, "Hey! That's my hair!"
PS. I apologize for the less than great photos. I really want to include some photos but I don't want to spend a lot of time on food photography for meal planning posts.